Seiðr Foundational Training
Spiritual Foundations with the Ancestors and Seiðr
Next start date TBD
Learn foundational tools of personal spiritual practice through seiðr. This class will include foundational elements of spiritual practice with an emphasis on the Norse/Germanic cosmology and mythology associated with seiðr practice. Participants will learn how to journey to Yggdrasill, the Norse World Tree, and how to work with staffs as extensions of the World Tree. Relationships with the tutelary beings of seiðr – Hella, Freya, Óðinn, and the Nornur – will be developed while maintaining full personal accountability and sovereignty.
This course includes elements of the following:
- Safety: protection, discernment, and boundaries
- Intuitive perception and the clair-senses
- Objective witnessing
- Conscious mediumship*
- Working with the energy body
- Learning methods for altering states of consciousness
- The seiðr journey method
- Creating and working with a staff
- The development of shamanic relationships to personal spirit allies and ancestors
- Practice integrity and ethics
- Personal healing, self-tracking, and alignment
- Galðr – the use of song/sound in spiritual practice
*Please note that mediumship in this context does not mean talking to the dead. Mediumship is about embodying different qualities of consciousness. One can, for example, be a medium for compassion.
This course serves as qualification for taking the Seiðr Initiation Intensive. Those who complete the initiation intensive can continue with personal practice or can serve the community as High Seat practitioners.
Required texts and supplies:
- The Seed of Yggdrasill by Maria Kvilhaug
- A Concise Dictionary of Old Icelandic by Geir Zoega (optional)
- A staff – details will be given in class
- A set of runes (optional)